i’m trying to make a dress for a wedding, and i also keep trying to write a post about it. every time i get a decent draft going, i work on the dress for a bit and it changes. so here’s where it was monday:
today it is quite different. empire waist and no sleeves, plus a large inverted box pleat in the center. and it’s shorter.
i started with the Pastille Dress from Colette Sewing Handbook, and then changed it completely. the bodice needed so many adjustments to fit; i couldn’t bring myself to spend as much time adjusting the skirt. so i just threw on the “Full, Gathered Skirt” from Gertie’s New Blog for Better Sewing, which was incredibly easy. and here we are.
5 muslins later and i’ve learned a ton, but i’m starting to panic! kcwc is next week and we leave for the wedding in sunny california on the 18th. eek!